The point of this short article is to help simplify the confusion that much of the media has propagated by ignoring factual, historical, and statistical data and pointing their collective fingers at the current administration, blaming it for the current state of affairs. We are neither defending or attacking anyone or any institution. Our desire is that you take these facts and give them some reasonable consideration.
- “Illegal immigration to the United States is the violation of United States immigration laws by foreign nationals who enter the country without government permission (i.e., a visa) or, after lawful admittance, remain within the country beyond their period of authorized admission.”
- In 2015 alone, ICE and DHS removed or returned a total of nearly one million undocumented immigrants.
- Between 2008 and 2014, more than two million unauthorized immigrants were deported. “Most of these people were not a danger to society.”
- The prevailing reason that people of most nationalities illegally immigrate is economic opportunity.
- More than 50% of all illegal immigrants in the U.S. are of Mexican origin.
- Interesting stat: It is estimated that about 70,000 Canadians are in the U.S. illegally.
- Interesting stat: “The United States was the number one source of unauthorized foreign workers in Canada” in 2012. (But there were only 54 known cases.)
- Nearly two-thirds (6.8 million) of all undocumented immigrants in the U.S. live in only 20 cities. Most of those cities have been declared “sanctuary cities.” A list of those cities and their estimated illegal immigrant populations is available here. (Note: see point #3. These cities are where the jobs are.)
- The U.S. government may have, intentionally or unintentionally, promoted illegal border crossings from Mexico by promoting “the availability of food stamps and other nutritional assistance programs.”
- In August 2012, the Obama administration admitted that it was not enforcing the laws intended to prevent immigrants from “relying on the Public Welfare system.”
- In 2011, the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration reported that “Individuals who were Not Authorized to work in the United States were Paid $4.2 Billion in Refundable Credits.
- Over 50% of the illegal immigrants removed by ICE between 2008 and 2010 were convicted criminals.
- Deportations reached record levels in 2009.
If nothing else, we hope that this article, to whatever extent possible, simply helps readers to understand that the immigration issue is much more complicated than many people understand.
If you are an undocumented immigrant living in the U.S. or you wish to overstay your current visa based on a claim for seeking asylum status, we urge you to contact us at ACS, Inc. at your earliest possible convenience. Our legal staff stands ready to advise you how to navigate through the application status do that you can enjoy the freedom of living in the United States free from harm. Our staff is multi-lingual, allowing us to understand you and to attend your asylum interview as an interpreter if necessary.
Our immigration and investment expertise is available to you by our staff of immigration and immigration law experts. Contact us at www.Business-Visa-USA.com, www.Business-Visa-USA.cn, www.Business-Visa-USA.hk and www.Business-Visa-USA.ru.
As always, we welcome your input and discussions about immigration on our LinkedIn group: Business and Immigration News & Views https://www.linkedin.com/groups/8140530.
Note: Offer of services is not a guarantee of results. Every case is adjudicated on its own merits. We can help to determine your eligibility and direct you through the process.